The latest news and all things Pelotone.
- Building a healthier work force and team is easy with Pelotone!
- Endurance training - your ticket to a stronger heart and greater strength!
- It's Official Rockstars - Pelotone is one of the best spin studios in the world!
- Recipe - Low Carb Falafel with Tahini
- Recipe - Snack - Low carb Hummus (bean free)
- Get ready to ride inside with NEW Pelotone Coach!
- Local Finalist for 2016 Australian Small Business Champion Awards
- Pelotone Multisport Team Program now open to ALL!
- Pelotone Bike Fit Seminar - you're invited!
- Indoor Cycling at Pelotone will give you the edge outside!
- Pelotone launches new COMBO classes!
- Recipe - Breakfast - Overnight Oats
- Pelotone will be at the Hills District Health & Fitness Expo - Sunday August 30, 2015!
- Chiro News - If you don't move it - you'll lose it!
- Recipe - Laksa with Zoodles
- It's official - Sweat is Sexy!
- The Truth about Pelotone, Spin / Indoor Cycling classes and Huge Thighs!
- 5 Reasons Working Out At Pelotone Indoor Cycle Studio Helps You Lose Weight!
- Yes you CAN achieve that weight loss!
- How to Choose The Right Cycle Studio
- 3 Ways To Get The Most Out Of Group Cycling Classes
- 3 Mistakes Indoor Cycle Studio Beginners Make
- 5 Health Benefits of Cycle Training and Classes!
Chiro News - If you don't move it - you'll lose it!
Posted by karen on 30 June 2015
I’ve been in chiropractic practice approximately 14 years in the St Marys and the Hills area, and I follow that principle that if "you don’t move it- you’ll lose it" in my practice to my patients.
If we take a microscopic view of any joint in the body we tend to see small nerve endings which are known as ". PROPIOCEPTORS are nerves for pain and inflammation and they are broken down into 2 categories;
1:MECHANO-RECEPTORS which increase joint movement and decrease pain and inflammation.
2:NOCI-CEPTORS which work in opposite when you injure a joint they stimulate inflammation (brusing) and thus consequently pain.
The principle of "if you don’t move it –you’ll lose it works on the propioceptor nerve endings. Once we move it we stimulate the mechano-receptors and thus inhibiting pain and inflammation, so in my day-to-day practice I try to stimulate movement in any joint of the human body.
And PELOTONE does exactly the same "You don’t move – you’ll lose it"
When we are on the bike for a full solid hour with the PELOTONE-gang, every single joint in our body moves, not only the big ankles, knees and hips, everything up to the neck. And the MECHANO-RECPTORS are massively stimulated thus reducing inflammation and pain and increase joint flexibility.
My experience with PELOTONE other than having awesome FUN, FITNESS and learning how to climb those HILLS, came after falling off a tree. I sprained my right ankle and after 1 month it was still swollen! After speaking to a few patients that attend PELOTONE I decided to join and after 2 weeks the swelling came down dramatically and now I have full function of my ankle.
See you all soon on a bike.
Dr Hossain (Hoss) Tefaili
(Chiropractor) - A Family Chiropractor
St Mary's NSW(02) 9673 2851 & Kings Langley NSW(02)8678 5560
Pelotone is such a fun and easy way to exercise
amongst friends. Each ride is completely different and
I love how much my fitness has improved!
- Jessica S
Call us now