- Building a healthier work force and team is easy with Pelotone!
- Endurance training - your ticket to a stronger heart and greater strength!
- It's Official Rockstars - Pelotone is one of the best spin studios in the world!
- Recipe - Low Carb Falafel with Tahini
- Recipe - Snack - Low carb Hummus (bean free)
- Get ready to ride inside with NEW Pelotone Coach!
- Local Finalist for 2016 Australian Small Business Champion Awards
- Pelotone Multisport Team Program now open to ALL!
- Indoor Cycling at Pelotone will give you the edge outside!
- Pelotone Bike Fit Seminar - you're invited!
- Pelotone launches new COMBO classes!
- Recipe - Breakfast - Overnight Oats
- Pelotone will be at the Hills District Health & Fitness Expo - Sunday August 30, 2015!
- Chiro News - If you don't move it - you'll lose it!
- Recipe - Laksa with Zoodles
- It's official - Sweat is Sexy!
- The Truth about Pelotone, Spin / Indoor Cycling classes and Huge Thighs!
- 5 Reasons Working Out At Pelotone Indoor Cycle Studio Helps You Lose Weight!
- Yes you CAN achieve that weight loss!
- How to Choose The Right Cycle Studio
- 3 Ways To Get The Most Out Of Group Cycling Classes
- 3 Mistakes Indoor Cycle Studio Beginners Make
- 5 Health Benefits of Cycle Training and Classes!
5 Health Benefits of Cycle Training and Classes!
Posted by karen on 15 October 2014
Do you want to lose weight in a fun way? Do you suffer from joint or foot pain from running or jogging? Are you training for a running, triathlon or cycling event? Are you a cyclist looking for a safe, all-weather training option? Are you recovering from an injury and need a low impact fitness option or perhaps you have recently had a baby and want to ease yourself in to something that is effective but safe? Do you just want to get healthy as quickly as possible? If that sounds like you, cycle training and classes could be the exact solution you are looking for. Here are 5 ways you can benefit from cycle training and classes that will promote your overall health:
It burns a lot of calories.
Cycle training and classes is one of the easiest ways you can burn a lot of calories very quickly. In fact most users burn an average of 400 to 800 calories per 45 minute session. This amount can vary depending on specific levels of intensity and your physiology but cycle training and classes will help you melt the fat away, quickly.
This is done by maintaining a consistent elevated heart rate over the 45 minute period. While 45 minutes of running or jogging may seem boring, being in a group with other cyclists with a coach dedicated to keeping you on track the time passes by quickly.
It creates lean, toned muscles.
One of the biggest misconceptions surrounding cycle training and classes is that the consistent, repetitive movements from your legs and lower body lead to large, bulky thighs. The truth is that indoor cycling uses relatively low resistance training compared to exercise designed to add muscle. This type of exercise uses frequent action over an extended period of time so they do not break down (which is what leads to them growing larger), they start to become lean and toned.
When you see professional cyclists with large thighs, that is due to additional exercises specifically designed to increase muscle mass. Cycle training and classes will not lead to bulky legs!
It promotes cardiovascular health.
As you continue to take part in cycle training and classes you will consistently keep your heart rate elevated for an extended period of time. Not only does this burn calories, it strengthens your heart, improves circulation, and promotes cardiovascular health. This type of exercise performed regularly can reduce the risk of heart disease and heart attacks as well as lower your blood pressure. Pelotone provides you with a heart rate monitor, making your heart rate zone and beats per minute visible on the Burn Board taking cardio training to a whole new level!
It is a lot easier on your body than other exercise.
One of the most important aspects of indoor cycle training is that it is low impact. If you are a runner or jogger, every step you take puts a lot of stress on your bones, joints, and ligaments which can lead to a lot of problems as you age. Indoor cycling, on the other hand, is extremely low impact so you still get the positive benefits of an elevated heart rate without the risk of doing serious (or even permanent) damage to your body.
Not only does the low impact training of cycle classes keep you from injuring yourself, the repetitive motions during each session actually help to strengthen your muscles and ligaments. That means no more hip and joint pain, no more throbbing knees or aching shins, and no more worrying about recovery time.
Get started today.
If you are ready to get healthy,enhance your athletic performance, lose weight, and tone your body without worrying about serious injury or joint pain, start taking cycle training and classes today. If you are in Sydney, Pelotone is the premier indoor cycle studio. Whether you are a beginner or a professional cyclist our coaches and cycle crew can help you get the results you need. Get in touch with us today or book your next class. We look forward to having you!
Pelotone is such a fun and easy way to exercise
amongst friends. Each ride is completely different and
I love how much my fitness has improved!
- Jessica S
Call us now